Email Marketing Specialist (Project-Based)
At Indy, our mission is to empower freelancers to manage their independent business through powerful online marketing, workflow, and payment tools.
We are looking for an email marketing guru, who is experienced with mid-funnel and lead nurturing campaigns. The Email Marketing Specialist will be accountable to drive measurable growth in conversion of paid members and re-engagement of existing customers via email as a channel. You will have the great opportunity to collaborate with the team of Indy and influence the building and growth of the product, which will improve the work lives of freelancers all over the world. The Email Marketing Specialist will be working with our product, marketing and engineering teams.
Please note that this job is a 3-month 40h/week project-based opportunity with a possibility to be prolonged and become full-time.
We are a distributed team and are looking for someone located within 2-3 hours time difference from the CET time zone to ensure timely feedback and comfortable working hours for everyone.
- Design and setup customer messaging across email, push, and equivalent communication channels to drive new user acquisition and retention
- Develop content marketing strategies, technical recommendations, and list management
- Drive client strategy and campaign planning by analyzing performance and KPIs to provide recommendations for new and existing campaigns
- Create A/B tests for campaign optimization to determine most effective content and cadence
- Segment audiences based on predefined attributes
- Measure results and optimize lead nurturing workflow
- Knowledge of creative processes and digital marketing
- Strong understanding of marketing funnels
- Data-driven thinking to manage and analyze A/B testing, segmented messaging, and email optimization
- Experience working with Braze, Mailchimp/Mandrill, Intercom, Google Analytics, GTM, or equivalent
- Strong technical knowledge of data dictionaries and triggers
- Strong HTML and CSS skills for responsive email design
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Liquid, Handlebars, or equivalent
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Thrive in a fast paced environment, managing multiple priorities at once
- Excellent presentation and collaboration skills to ensure alignment with cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
P.S. More than 90% of candidates interviewing at Indy rate their candidate experience as very positive! Our team does their best to delight every candidate!
Indy has an inclusive and diverse work environment. Indy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.